House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) on Tuesday launched an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden for “abuse of power, obstruction, and corruption.”
McCarthy said House investigators found that Joe Biden lied about his involvement in the family business and that bank records show many payments were directed to Biden family members through shell companies. He also noted an FBI informant file that alleged Joe Biden was bribed by a Ukrainian energy executive.
“That’s why today, I am directing our house committee to open a formal impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden,” he continued. “This logical next step will give our committees the full power to gather all the facts and answers for the American public. It’s exactly what we want to know: the answers.”
I am directing our House committees to open a formal impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden. Over the past several months, House Republicans have uncovered serious and credible allegations into President Biden’s conduct—a culture of corruption. https://t.co/3uoDlUB3Sy
— Kevin McCarthy (@SpeakerMcCarthy) September 12, 2023
The impeachment inquiry is intended to uncover additional information about Joe Biden’s involvement in the Biden family business.
Polling supports the need for an impeachment inquiry. Sixty-one percent of Americans believe Joe Biden was involved in his family’s business deals with China and Ukraine, according to a recent CNN survey. Only 38 percent say he was not involved, and just one percent say he was involved and did nothing wrong.
In total, nine Biden family members received payments from the family foreign business ventures, including two of Joe Biden’s grandchildren.
The powerful allegations against Joe Biden include but are not limited to photos, texts, video, an audio recording, and IRS and former business partner whistleblower testimonies:
- Biden family suspicious activity reports of wire transfers
- WhatsApp messages
- Photos of Joe with Hunter’s business partners
- Joe Biden’s voicemail to Hunter
- Five individuals referencing Joe Biden as the “big guy”
- Two whistleblower testimonies
- FBI FD-1023 form alleging recorded phone calls and texts between Biden and a Burisma executive
- FBI informant alleging bribes
- Video of Joe Biden bragging about firing the Ukrainian prosecutor
- Hunter’s statements about giving half his income to his dad
- Former White House Aide saying FBI ignored Joe Biden’s role in Ukraine business dealings
- Millions flowing into Biden family bank accounts
- Hunter paying for Joe Biden’s expenses
- Email aliases
REMINDER: For years, e-mails, texts, photos, voicemails, visitor logs, and witness testimony have shown Joe Biden was FULLY INVOLVED in his son Hunter’s corrupt foreign business deals.pic.twitter.com/56edGsOHOo
— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) September 12, 2023